Put Google Calendar on your Windows XP Desktop
1. Right-click on your desktop and select "properties"
2. Click the "Desktop" tab
3. Click the "Customize Desktop" button
4. Click the "Web" tab
5. Click the "New" button
6. For "Location:" put in http://www.google.com/calendar/render
7. Click "Properties" for this URL
8. Click the "Schedule" tab.
9. Add at least one time each day to do the sync.
10. Click OK to make each window go away.
And voila! you have your google calendar always available on your windows desktop. This works great with the Win-D shortcut that minimizes all of your active windows leaving you just with your calendar. Then you are a "Quick Add" click away from adding a new event to your Google Calendar.